Search the Heritage Database
62 Main Street, Milverton
Address: 62 Main Street Milverton, ON
The original stone structure was built as Milverton's school house in 1870. It was all stone, one story. In 1896 the red brick was added and it was converted into a 2 story home. It was owned by the Macbeth family who also owned the local newspaper, the Milverton Sun. In 1978 Maribeth and Richard Fobel, the present owners, purchased the home from the Estate of Isabel MacBeth. The Macbeths and Fobels have jointly occupied this home for 120 years! The top photo shows the house today and the bottom photo was taken in the early 1900s.